Friday, April 10, 2009

Amazing Grace + Happy Easter


I imagine that many of you (like myself) are off work today. And living in the day and age we live in the next few days are probably filled with projects, responsibilities and plans. Getting more candy for the Easter egg hunt, worrying about what to serve for family and friends we'll visit with this weekend, or even making lists of the projects we'll do with these extra hours off are at the top of our lists. As hard as I try not to make them my number one priority they always manage to inch to the top of my to-do list.

My goal over the next few days is to really reflect on the true meaning of the holiday we often associate with an extra day off, yummy candy, lots of sunlight and the beginning of Spring. The truth is the most important thing on my list and the only thing I should be focusing my energy on is praise. I hope you'll join me in reflecting on the sacrifice made for each of us thousand of years ago. None of us are worthy, none of us deserve the gift we've been given but we can all be amazed by His grace. That is what the next few days are about.

Have a happy and blessed Easter!