Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Custom Toy Shop



I'll be in the Big Apple for Thanksgiving and one place I am going to hit up is FAO Schwartz. I am hoping I can squeeze in a dance on the big keyboard. While browsing their website in anticipation I uncovered quite possibly the coolest childrens' gifts I've ever seen.

Little ones can design their own monster toy, Madame Alexander doll, tutu costume, Muppet, or even a one of a kind outfit. The doll and tutu are customized via their website to your exact specifications. The monster doll is actually made from your child's sketch. Muppets can be arranged at the NY location or online (in Feb.).

The most exciting for me is the Fashion Designer experience. I dreamed of being just that for years. I had little kits and spent hours conjuring up my own designs. Now creative girls can turn their sketches into reality. It offers the opportunity to work with an actual fashion designer who will turn her sketches into an outfit of her dreams. Handbags are also available! That would be the ultimate for mini fashionistas!

Of course all of these toy experiences come at a price. Some more affordable than others but all priceless no doubt!