Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Good Housekeeping

I have not kept secret my love of magazines. Each month I eagerly devour the new pages with great excitement. I have my regulars: Real Simple, In Style, Vogue, Lucky, MS Living, to name a few. There are others that I don't usually give much attention to. One being Good Housekeeping, the new issue of which arrived at my mom's house this weekend.


I borrowed it from her and while haphazardly flipping the pages I began to notice several articles that were worth some attention. I ended up reading several articles in full and was quite surprised at how much I got out of them.

A few that I thought were worth mentioning:

  • Jennifer Anniston's 5 Step Happiness Plan (gotta have a little celeb indulgence sometimes!)
  • The Pleasure Paradox (how enjoying food can help you eat less)
  • How to Weather the Storm (5 smart money move to protect your finances)
  • Seeds of Hope (how you can recession proof your soul)
  • How to Freeze Anything (a great clip + save article to stash away for reference)
And there are others too (plus you could win a year worth of groceries and gas)! I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised with the ratio of want to read/junk in this issue. It has been a long time since I've taken a look at this publication but I definitely think that every one should drop a few dollars on this particular issue (the savings tips inside can pay for the price easily). Just a tip for my fellow mag-lovers!