Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Game Of Tag

Our friend Suann tagged us to participate in this fun little survey + quiz. We thought it'd be a fun way to occupy a Tuesday morning so here goes.


What did you do 10 years ago? Well, I just finished high school and was getting an early start in college taking accelerated classes. I was dancing (ballet, jazz, pointe) 4 days a week and working in the mall. I was also dating the man who would become my hubby!

Five items on your to-do list:
- Develop photos from and blog about our vacay.
- Finish designing my wedding album. (way.overdue)
- Make fresh lemonaid.
- Ride my bike.
- Meet with potential clients.

Snacks I enjoy: I am a sweet snacker for sure. Salty treats have never been my bag of chips (hehe). My favorite snack would be gelato/ice cream if calories + nutritional value weren't an issue. But my regular snacks (or daily treats) include bananas, or a Dr. Pepper. When I get home from the office I treat myself to a DP. It is my guilty pleasure as of late.

What would you do if you were a billionaire? Ahh! How nice would that be? First we'd retire as would our immediate families. I'd purchase a new home in our hometown and also a beachfront home, a loft in NYC and a cabin in Colorado. I'd finally own a pair of Manolos. We'd "work" doing things we love like: writing, photography, and art in general. Travel would come often and we'd see as much of the world as possible. Charity would account for a very large portion of our finances and time. I'd take classes and learn all of the things I can't seem to find the time for now that would make me a better person. We'd put aside a healthy chunk of change for future children (and their future). I'd invest in creative people and their ideas. We'd leave large tips for random overworked, hardworking and pleasant professionals. Most of all we'd use our financial blessing to make a difference in the world.

Places I would live: Home will always be Louisiana, but I'd love to have a place to lay my head in NYC, Colorado and on a beachfront property to be determined.

Jobs I have had: Babysitter. Hostess. Fashion Representative (fancy talk for sales rep). Silkscreen Printer. Merchandising Manager. Graphic Designer. Graphic Designer. Graphic Designer. Graphic Designer. I was fortunate to begin working in my chosen field at an early age so most of my job history is in fact as a graphic designer with short stints in other areas.


What did you do 10 years ago? Classes. I was in college taking lots of classes. Art classes. Dance classes. Tennis classes. Plus the usual language, science and math classes.

Five items on your to-do list:
- Finish brochure design
- Finish rack card design
- Get quotes for social stationery project
- Email lots of people
- Go to the gym

Snacks I enjoy: I'm not much of a snacker. But, my weakness? Definitely chocolate!

What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Aside from charity and making sure our families are taken care of? Invest. Travel. Lots of traveling. Build a new house. Buy a Swan sailboat. Hire a personal trainer and a personal chef. Oh, and no more work. Boo to work.

Places I would live:
- Austin
- However, this is subject to change if the above were to come true! As in billionaire.

Jobs I have had:
- Dance Teacher
- Graphic Designer

{ 5 People we are tagging }
- Jessica Rose { Vol.25 }
- Betsey { Farmhouse Wares }
- Caroline { Greedy Girl }
- Brenda Ponney { Secret-Agent-Josephine }
- Jennifer Ramos { Made By Girl }

{ Rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer. }