Monday, May 5, 2008

Bon Appétit

{ Black Bean Salsa }

In honor of Cinco de Mayo and the abundance Spring veggies, I thought I'd share this recipe. I truly believe home made salsa is one of the yummiest things ever--and this is coming from a sweets person, too! This recipe is super easy and always receives rave reviews. In fact I recommend making two batches. One has never been enough for my friends and family!


Ingredients:
One can of black beans
1/2 of a medium sized lime
2 large tomatoes
1/2 purple onion
Fresh cilantro
tortilla chips

Directions:
Chop tomatoes into small pieces. Mince onion. Drain can of black beans. Mix onion, tomatoes and beans in large bowl. Finely chop cilantro (I use the leaves of about 6 stalks)and add to mixture. Squeeze juice of lime over salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. I also like to have fresh sliced avocado to serve as well. The salsa is great on a chip with a slice or two of avocado. Enjoy!