Monday, March 24, 2008

Refrigerator Dishes

My mom has these antique refrigerator dishes I absolutely love. When I was a kid I remember them being so magical filled with cucumbers, carrots and celery sliced and ready to eat. Normally veggies weren't my snack of choice, but there is something about these wonderful dishes that made them seem more appealing.


While browsing the new Crate and Barrel catalog this weekend, I saw they are now offering reproductions of vintage refrigerator glasses. They look much like my mom's and I was instantly enamored. More chic than tupperware for sure!

While researching my love affair with said glassware, I found the Pyrex Love website. This fabulous site well tell you everything you've ever wanted to know about vintage Pyrex and wow you with wonderful photos. They also have a flickr pool from which I got these great images. Some users have fabulous collections worth coveting.