Sunday, March 23, 2008

Confessions Of A Shopaholic

Contrary to what those who know me may be thinking, this post is not about my innermost secrets of glorious splurges and steals. It is about the movie by the same name: Confessions of a Shopaholic.

For those not familiar COAS is a book by Sophie Kinsella that led to a wildly popular series that includes: Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, and Shopaholic and Baby. Part of the genre of fiction aptly titled "chick lit" these books are fun, easy reads perfect for the beach or decompressing after a long day. Totally fun, beware that after one you will be addicted.

The exciting news is that Confessions of a Shopaholic is now being made into a movie starring Isla Fisher that is set to release in early 2009. I know that I cannot wait and will be gawking at shots of filming, especially the wardrobe of Becky Bloomwood. I am sure that lots of great inspiration will be divulged over the next year that will keep me looking forward to the release.

For now, here are some tasty treats for your eyes. A little over the top yes, but fun and bright for sure!