Friday, September 5, 2008

Cottonversary


For our second anniversary, aka our "cotton" anniversary according to the predetermined anniversary gift lists, I surprised hubs with a trip to Savannah, Georgia. I made plans for us to stay in the Cotton Exchange Suite at the Azalea Inn and dine at the Cotton Exchange Restaurant & Tavern on River Street.


I caught him by complete surprise because our anniversary is actually in a few months. But, sweet hubs suggested going to Hawaii. And who can refuse Hawaii? So, I bumped up our reservations, and it worked our really well since we had a lovely place to escape Hurricane Gustav.


Rather than just verbalizing the gift, I knew I wanted something for him to physically open. Using scrapes of paper left over from our diy wedding stuff like menus, programs, etc., I printed out a little note. I topped a cotton filled kraft box with the note and tied the box with a soft cotton-felt-like ribbon.