Friday, May 30, 2008

Orient Express

On the day of my hubby's surprise party, I did my best to transform my parent's home (they graciously let us use their beautiful patio/home for the party) into an Asian paradise. I bought beautiful kimono fabric to drape over the tables and filled take out boxes with vibrant blooms. Weeks of folding lucky cranes left me with plenty to use as decor and for guest to take as favors. We had a local caterer carve a watermelon into a crane and provide the fruit tray. On the menu were eggrolls, sesame chicken, sweet and sour shrimp, fresh veggies, sushi, triple chocolate cake and fortune cookies. Final touches included flickering candles and oriental lanterns. Best part: guests ooh-ed and ahh-ed and the hubs was totally, utterly surprised.


Happy 30th Birthday Michael, my love!