Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



"If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice"
--Meister Eckhart

Thanksgiving is a perfect day to stop and reflect on all the beauty around us. I feel safe guessing that each set of eyes reading this post has hundreds, thousands of things to be thankful for on this day--on EVERY day! It is so easy to get busy in this life and forget to stop and be grateful.

Each year at Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember, my family has gone around our bountiful table and everyone shared one thing they were thankful for. Today I'm going to document even more than that by going thru the alphabet and saying one thing that starts with each letter I'm thankful for. A good exercise in gratitude!

A: Apples, honeycrisp to be precise. After trying them this fall I'm hooked!
B: Beach, the ultimate beatuiful escape
C: Cameras, without them I'd be out of a job!
D: Dad, one of the best men I know.
E: Electricity, seriously...where would we be without it?
F: Family, I'm biased but I think I have the best!
G: God and His grace
H: Husband, Mikey--the best in the world!
I: Ice Cream, my favorite dessert!
J: Jesus, my savior
K: Kumquats, ready to be picked from our trees
L: Love, it makes the world go round
M: Mom, my best friend
N: Nature, in all its glory
O: October, the beginning of fall when I married my soul mate
P: Pete, my dog child
Q: Questions, they make life interesting
R: Rain, sleeping in it to be exact!
S: Sister, my other best friend
T: Tea, sweet and southern
U: Umbrellas, what simple invention that saves the day!
V: Vacations, relax and renew
W: Water, icy cold and refreshing
X: Xyron Sticker Maker, it's come in handy!
Y: Youth, being carefree for a while then growing out of it!
Z: Zeus, our feline friend

Wanna join in? Leave a comment with your ABCs of gratitude, or link to you blog. And of course, a big thank you to all of you for reading, sharing and dropping by! I hope you all have blessed Thanksgiving.