Friday, October 3, 2008

Calligraphy & Letterpress



This has been my favorite invitation for years. In fact, had I not been a designer and so bound and determined to design my own letterpress wedding invites, these would have been it. Debi Zeinert pens by hand the calligraphy for each of these customized invitations. Her calligraphy is then turned into a letterpress plate and letterpressed onto ivory cotton paper. This is the crème de la crème of wedding invitations - as classic as they come.


After I had my own wedding invitations in my hand, I took on the task of finding a calligrapher for my envelopes. I turned to Blooming Quill for their quick turn around and absolutely stunning work. Turns out, Debi is the calligraphy goddess behind Blooming Quill. The same Debi of Bella Figura's calligraphy invite that I so puffy hearted for so long!