Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Green Reads

Sometimes going "green" can be overwhelming. Where to start? What to do? Head on over to the library or order a copy (and share it with a friend!) of some our favorite eco-reads to get you started. Turn off the tube and sit outside for some extra environmental ease.

1. Go Green, Live Rich: 50 Simple Ways to Save the Earth and Get Rich Trying
2. Eco Dog: Healthy Living for Your Pet
3. 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth*
4. 1,001 Ways to Save the Earth
5. Green Chic: Saving the Earth in Style
6. It's Easy Being Green: A Handbook for Earth-Friendly Living
7. Organic Housekeeping: In Which the Non-Toxic Avenger Shows You How to Improve Your Health and That of Your Family, While You Save Time, Money, and, Perhaps, Your Sanity

*This book was my manual as a child. I must have read it a thousand times! I guess I was ahead of my time. I even tried to start my own Kids for Saving the Earth chapter back in the day. I still practice lots of the tips I read so this book can double as an adult + kid read.