Thursday, September 11, 2008

Reader Request

Lauren emailed: I'd love to purchase a couple of makeup brushes, but I just don't know where to begin. Do you have any favorites or recommendations?

Coveiter happily responds: I'm definitely no expert, but I do love makeup brushes and use them daily. Below are my absolute favorites. All except the Prescriptive brush, I purchased through an esthetician. So, although I haven't purchased from the sites listed, I tried linking to the exact brushes or a very similar option. Good luck with your makeup brush adventures. I find they make a ton of difference in the blending department.

Prescriptive Foundation Brush - It's exactly the what the name implies. A foundation brush. For liquid and liquid to powder foundations. This brush smooths it on flawlessly.

Luscious Dome
- From blush to bronzer to pressed and loose powder, for me, this is a do-all brush. It's structured but extremely soft.

Crease - To apply your eyeshadow in the crease of your eye.

Chisel Super Deluxe Fluff - Perfect for blending your eye shadow. I use this brush to apply my highlight color under the brow and along the base of my lid blending it well with my darker crease shadow.

Camouflage Oval 10 - Gentle and great for applying undereye concealer.